how salvation army has ruined me

i wish the hubs would have mentioned i have a large chunk of hair that was looking a little whack.
t-shirt:  jc penney
blazer:  thrifted from salvation army - $2!!!
jeans:  LOFT
boots:  a.n.a for jc penney
scarf:  target
earrings:  forever21

um, hi.  can we just focus for a moment on the fact that this blazer - you know, the one which the whole look revolves around - was $2?  it really just needs proper attention.

okay, thank you.  moving on now...well, kind of.  the only problem with thrift stores is that they have begun to affect my entire shopping mentality.  do you ever look at something in a store and think to yourself, "i like it, but do i $40 like it?"  me too.  the problem is, when i'm in salvation army and i pick something up, i think to myself, "i like it, but do i $4 like it?"  sad, so sad.  because of this crippling disability i've developed, i passed up on a brown ann taylor, soft-leather, button-front skirt some time ago.  it still haunts me.

perspective, lauren.

now if you'll excuse me, i'm off to start the weekend off right with the hubs; enchiladas? check.  cerveza for the man of the house? check.  margarita in a tiki-themed glass for me? check.  we're about to party like it's 2012.

...that was an end-of-the-world mayan reference, in case you missed it.  if you don't know what i'm talking about, consult john cusack.

This entry was posted on Thursday, December 30, 2010 and is filed under ,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “how salvation army has ruined me”

  1. I love thrifting too. I find the best stuff and sometimes I think its over priced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf is the most perfect shade of green that I have ever seen. Now that I think of it, I think I bought that same scarf for my friend as a belated Christmas present... You make me feel very good about my purchase.


    Kristine. Or Polly.

    ReplyDelete