Defcon-5 - 1/30


belt:  thrifted, Salvation Army
so here's what i've decided:  rather than list all of the individual items of each outfit every day, i've assigned a number to each one.  if you'd like to know more deets about each one, check out my 30 for 30 tab.

i wanted to be a little more creative to kick this thing off right.  mother nature had a different plan.  boots were a must to allow for the snow that accumulated last night, and layers were necessary to protect myself from the freezing rain projected for today.  it's days like this that i pray for May to come quickly.  seriously guys, it's Defcon-5 out there.  don't believe me?  see for yourself:


just so we're clear, colors are bad.  this map making me hungry for cotton candy?  bad sign.  if we were in the Carolinas right now in these conditions, it would have been announced that death is upon us, and that we may as well curl up in the fetal position and prepare for the end.  but seeing that we're in Indiana, there's still a possibility that i may have to work tomorrow.  in order for my office to close, the city of Fort Wayne has to declare that it is illegal for anyone to drive on the roads, except in emergency situations.  who wants to join me with a shovel to start filling in all of the tracks the plows have left?  

...seriously, you guys are the best.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

13 Responses to “Defcon-5 - 1/30”

  1. CUTE outfit! And I love the idea of numbering your pieces. It's so annoying having to list them all out each time. Good call!
    here's to no work tomorrow! I'm hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in Indiana? Lo, we're practically neighbors. We're tri-state buddies. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORE this outfit!! Your red stripey shirt is making me wish that I had one now :)

    And I am laughing about the comparison between the Carolinas v. Indiana - if that blizzard/armageddon was descending upon Virginia, you better know that we would be in defcon-5 too! We had to cancel club last night because of some freezing rain/sleet! Booooo winter...I hope you get out of going to the office tomorrow!

    Small Time Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you so freakin' adorable? Plus, now we see that your house is adorable, too?
    And yes, those Southerners would have just decided to close the state and move everyone to a whole new place. But you are strong and you will make it through!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute outfit! I'm excited to see what you do for the rest of your 30 for 30!

    Ashley
    http://whattwowilldo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit! Where I live we only have the excuse of going late to work/school because of heavy rain which happens very rarely (like once or two times a year).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your striped shirt! I have a bit of an obsession with stripes right now. Secretly channeling my inner sailor I guess. ;-)

    ~ TCC

    www.thecasualclassicblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm originally from Michigan, my poor family is getting pounded. I on the other hand am glad I was smart and moved to Florida.

    Stay warm girlie!


    Kat's Last Post - http://katrinagelino.blogspot.com/2011/02/project-31-day-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some great stuff. I wish I had the boot collection you do. Also, yeesh. I am thankful to live in little baby Oregon with way less severe weather. Good luck staying warm! I think my 30 is easier just for the lack of chill factor on my end (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I came across your darling blog, I'm happy to be your newest follower (: Great outfit. The boots are lovely!

    Come by and enter my giveaway for a gorgeous EmersonMade gold necklace if you like:
    just click here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great start! And what a beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog! Great outfit to start the 30 x 30. Cannot wait to see what else you have in store.

    ReplyDelete