when eric and i got married in august 2009, we decided to wait anywhere from three to five years to start trying for a baby. immediately, i had some co-workers at my old job who i swear set up a pool as to how long it would take us to conceive. i know none of them had us lasting more than a year. and then there's my mom, who will say to us that we should wait until we're ready, but will tell anyone who is willing to listen that she is ready to be a grandma
well, here we are 14 months later, still standing our ground. or, at least one of us is. in fact, eric is clinging to that ground. and me, well, the baby bug is taking over a bit. not enough to say, "let's go for it," but definitely enough to make me seek out cute little pinchable baby cheeks in others' blogs and daydream about the perfect nursery (fyi, i'm already 100% set if we have a girl). and then there's the fact that everyone and their
brother sister around us is having babies. literally...one of my best fort wayne friends, katie, had a baby on easter, not even two months after her sister had a baby on valentines day.
so, just to remind me why we're waiting so maybe i can convince myself that i won't die if we wait another two years:
- student loans...seriously, will those things ever go away??
- i want to be able to stay home when we have our first kiddo
- we've only been together (dating included) for just under 2 1/2 years. do we really want a baby when our relationship is still a toddler?
- we already have a ton of kids. true, it would be awkward if we pinched the cheeks of our high schoolers in young life, but they're still cute and we love them just the same.
- i love sleep.
- two puppies + baby = ??!!!?
(credit to my amazing wedding photographer, mandy, for capturing this little punkin. seriously, she's wonderful, and not just because that picture of eric and i at the top of her blog is also hanging in her studio and her new wedding boutique. but seriously, it doesn't hurt her case.)